Our purpose is to provide support and advice to those struggling with Obsessive Compulsive Personality Disorder and Anankastic Personality Disorder.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
New Users: You must [1] Register [2] Post to Mission Statement & Guidelines [3] Post an Introduction . . . to be activated as a member. Smile

migraines?

Go down 

Do you suffer from migrains?
Frequently
migraines? Vote_lcap0%migraines? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Sometimes
 0% [ 0 ]
Not at all
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 0

AuthorMessage
Doreen
O.C.P.D. Member
Doreen

migraines? Empty
PostSubject: migraines?   migraines? EmptyTue 13 Apr 2010, 12:51 pm

I could be wrong (oh, perish the thought! Lol), but I thought I read somewhere that migraines are common among people with OCPD, or at least more common than the general population...was wondering how many of the members on this forum have migraines??

I have have migraines since I was three, I though having pain in your head all the time was normal(after all, isn't your brain all nerve cells and nerve cells feel things?..amazing I thought of this by the time I was in grade school) I grew out of my 'juvenile migraines' around 12 yrs old but two concussions (7th grade and freshman in HS) triggered them off again....and I still have then all these years later....

I know mine can be caused by the normal hormonal causes, or eating the wrong foods, or smells, but many of my migraines r triggered by an adrenaline rush, like from someone scaring me or surprising me, a near car accident (you know, when all is ok but your heart ends up racing for then next 5 minutes......as my heartrate goes back to normal, the migraine is already starting)...so I guess it not not impossible to imagine our high stress and anxiety levels giving us a higher frequency of migraines.....

So...any other migraine sufferers out there???
Back to top Go down
brownie
O.C.P.D. Member
brownie

migraines? Empty
PostSubject: Re: migraines?   migraines? EmptyTue 13 Apr 2010, 3:21 pm

I don't have migraines. I read somewhere that people with OCPD may get tired a lot more often that others because their brain is always cranking away, never "resting." It seems like I have been tired my whole life. Migraines could easily stem from the same source.
Back to top Go down

migraines?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
O.C.P.D./A.P.D. Support Forum :: Discussion Area :: Is This Normal?-
Jump to: