O.C.P.D./A.P.D. Support Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our purpose is to provide support and advice to those struggling with Obsessive Compulsive Personality Disorder and Anankastic Personality Disorder.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
New Users: You must [1] Register [2] Post to Mission Statement & Guidelines [3] Post an Introduction . . . to be activated as a member. Smile

Dopamine

Go down 
AuthorMessage
toojustbe

Dopamine Empty
PostSubject: Dopamine   Dopamine EmptyThu 01 Aug 2013, 3:26 am

I read that OCPD is related to a gene called DRD3.... which is dopamine.
Before I found that out I thought I had dopamine deficiencies... everything connects back to dopamine.

I take Ritalin for my ADD... and Ritalin is dopamine. When I take Ritalin its as my my OCPD goes away.
Once I read that OCPD has to do with dopamine I had an "ah ha" moment.
The dopamine that came into my system through the Ritalin greatly helped my OCPD.

I'm not one to think of abusing drugs by the way... I also decided not to drink alcohol. There are about 10 alcoholics in my family and I don't feel comfortable with the idea that I could be one. I'm also under age and a rule follower to the tea.

I was wondering, would it be 'wrong' to treat OCPD with Ritalin?
I'm not up for taking any SSRIs because they worsen my Bipolar symptoms. I have had the correct medicine for that for many many years. (Stable Bipolar by the way.... I was diagnosed at 8 and have had an early start get stable. OCPD is my only TRUE issue.)

Any opinions on this??

Thanks!
Back to top Go down

Dopamine
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
O.C.P.D./A.P.D. Support Forum :: Discussion Area :: Is This Normal?-
Jump to: