Our purpose is to provide support and advice to those struggling with Obsessive Compulsive Personality Disorder and Anankastic Personality Disorder.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
New Users: You must [1] Register [2] Post to Mission Statement & Guidelines [3] Post an Introduction . . . to be activated as a member. Smile

Can anyone relate

Go down 
AuthorMessage
mcooliofive1

Can anyone relate Empty
PostSubject: Can anyone relate   Can anyone relate EmptyThu 13 Oct 2011, 1:46 pm

Had ocpd/ocd for 6 years. Past year, I have been completely disabled, not able to do anything (no school, no work, no social life). I stay at home trying to think how I can perceive things more efficiently and effectively. Was able at one point to perceive things more efficiently and effecitively, but that lasted a couple days. I'm trying to get myself back to that state and cant. Im beggining to break and I am desperate for help, but no psychiatrist or therapist can help me.
Back to top Go down
crazycanuck

Can anyone relate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can anyone relate   Can anyone relate EmptySat 04 Feb 2012, 4:22 pm

This might help or at least it might be worth a try. Get your psychiatrist to administer a peronality schema. This will show the core bias from childhood and allow you to focus your recovery on maybe 3 or 4 areas that will make a difference in your day to day life. For example I scored 91/96 on unrelenting stardards schema. From here I can also look for jobs where I can turn my weakness into strength. Jobs such as a quality engineer maybe a good fit for me. I am still very early into this, and I am hoping it works. Sometimes it feels like nothing works.
Back to top Go down

Can anyone relate
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
O.C.P.D./A.P.D. Support Forum :: Discussion Area :: Is This Normal?-
Jump to: