O.C.P.D./A.P.D. Support Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our purpose is to provide support and advice to those struggling with Obsessive Compulsive Personality Disorder and Anankastic Personality Disorder.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
New Users: You must [1] Register [2] Post to Mission Statement & Guidelines [3] Post an Introduction . . . to be activated as a member. Smile

Can anyone relate

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
mcooliofive1

Can anyone relate Empty
PostSubject: Can anyone relate   Can anyone relate EmptyThu 13 Oct 2011, 1:46 pm

Had ocpd/ocd for 6 years. Past year, I have been completely disabled, not able to do anything (no school, no work, no social life). I stay at home trying to think how I can perceive things more efficiently and effectively. Was able at one point to perceive things more efficiently and effecitively, but that lasted a couple days. I'm trying to get myself back to that state and cant. Im beggining to break and I am desperate for help, but no psychiatrist or therapist can help me.
Back to top Go down
crazycanuck

Can anyone relate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can anyone relate   Can anyone relate EmptySat 04 Feb 2012, 4:22 pm

This might help or at least it might be worth a try. Get your psychiatrist to administer a peronality schema. This will show the core bias from childhood and allow you to focus your recovery on maybe 3 or 4 areas that will make a difference in your day to day life. For example I scored 91/96 on unrelenting stardards schema. From here I can also look for jobs where I can turn my weakness into strength. Jobs such as a quality engineer maybe a good fit for me. I am still very early into this, and I am hoping it works. Sometimes it feels like nothing works.
Back to top Go down

Can anyone relate
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
O.C.P.D./A.P.D. Support Forum :: Discussion Area :: Is This Normal?-
Jump to: