Our purpose is to provide support and advice to those struggling with Obsessive Compulsive Personality Disorder and Anankastic Personality Disorder.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
New Users: You must [1] Register [2] Post to Mission Statement & Guidelines [3] Post an Introduction . . . to be activated as a member. Smile

Therapy?doest it work?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
thea
O.C.P.D. Member
thea

Therapy?doest it work? Empty
PostSubject: Therapy?doest it work?   Therapy?doest it work? EmptySun 12 Dec 2010, 9:05 am

Anybody has get good results?

Thea
Back to top Go down
brownie
O.C.P.D. Member
brownie

PostSubject: Re: Therapy?doest it work?   Therapy?doest it work? EmptySun 12 Dec 2010, 5:32 pm

I have had terrific results, but that has been my primary purpose for the last 9 months, so I have had a steady stream of sessions (probably about 35 or 40 now). I made sure that each time I came in I had a list of everything I wanted to discuss, and he gave me homework assignments (usually some sort of self-discovery thing) to work on on my own, which we then discussed. He noted that this...devotion/level of intensity...was probably due to my OCPD, but he thought we might as well make use of it.
Back to top Go down
thea
O.C.P.D. Member
thea

PostSubject: Re: Therapy?doest it work?   Therapy?doest it work? EmptySun 12 Dec 2010, 5:37 pm

Good to know...now I'll start on therapy soon and I'm not a huge fan of psychologists as i wrote before. I'll try to keep your example in mind and do my best to don't give up! Hope I get a therapist who knows a bit of OCPD - it is hard to find good professionals used to treat OCPD in general, at least here in Holland where I live. It's a sort of rare disturb, I think.
Back to top Go down
v0203
Loved One

PostSubject: Re: Therapy?doest it work?   Therapy?doest it work? EmptyFri 24 Dec 2010, 7:20 pm

Can you tell me what kind of therapy you used?
Back to top Go down
brownie
O.C.P.D. Member
brownie

PostSubject: Re: Therapy?doest it work?   Therapy?doest it work? EmptySun 26 Dec 2010, 3:26 pm

Mine is more of a cognitive-behavioral therapy. Just from reading about psychoanalytic therapy, I definitely don't think that would have worked for me, and I certainly wouldn't have done well in group therapy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Therapy?doest it work?   Therapy?doest it work? Empty

Back to top Go down

Therapy?doest it work?
Page 1 of 1