Our purpose is to provide support and advice to those struggling with Obsessive Compulsive Personality Disorder and Anankastic Personality Disorder.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  
New Users: You must [1] Register [2] Post to Mission Statement & Guidelines [3] Post an Introduction . . . to be activated as a member. Smile

Share | 

Understanding My A.P.D.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Danae
Admin
O.C.P.D. Member

PostSubject: Understanding My A.P.D.   Tue 09 Jun 2009, 3:52 pm

Simply quote and reply to this message with how you fit the ICD-10 criterion for Anankastic Personality Disorder.

Anankastic Personality Disorder

Personality disorder characterized by at least 3 of the following:

[1] feelings of excessive doubt and caution

[2] preoccupation with details, rules, lists, order, organization or schedule

[3] perfectionism that interferes with task completion

[4] excessive conscientiousness, scrupulousness, and undue preoccupation with productivity to the exclusion of
pleasure and interpersonal relationships

[5] excessive pedantry and adherence to social conventions

[6] rigidity and stubbornness

[7] unreasonable insistence by the patient that others submit to exactly his or her way of doing things, or
unreasonable reluctance to allow others to do things

[8] intrusion of insistent and unwelcome thoughts or impulses

Last edited by Danae on Tue 16 Jun 2009, 9:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Flower
A.P.D. Member

PostSubject: Re: Understanding My A.P.D.   Tue 16 Jun 2009, 5:15 pm

Danae wrote:
Simply quote and reply to this message with how you fit the ICD-10 criterion for Anankastic Personality Disorder.

Anankastic Personality Disorder

Personality disorder characterized by at least 3 of the following:

[1] feelings of excessive doubt and caution

Pretty badly hampered by this.

[2] preoccupation with details, rules, lists, order, organization or schedule

My days, years and decades taken over by these things.

[3] perfectionism that interferes with task completion

A million tasks unstarted or unfinished because of this, and still awaiting to be done, some after 20 or more years waiting. I'm a very good (or bad - whichever way you want to look at it) perfectionist. If it didn't mess up the rest of my life, I would be pretty proud of my perfectionism!

[4] excessive conscientiousness, scrupulousness, and undue preoccupation with productivity to the exclusion of pleasure and interpersonal relationships

For decades, no leisure, no social life, no life outside of home, very little pleasure, few relationships, no hobbies, piano collects dust. Spend all day, every day trying to be productive at home (my purpose in life because of APD), but productivity rate is next to zero, which is me trying my best. Consequently, the list of unstarted/unfinished jobs over many, many years has reached so many that, at my present rate, it would take me 3 lifetimes to complete everything. Because of this MASSIVE list, this causes IMMENSE stress, tension and pressure, which renders me very unfit to be productive. Hence the list forever gets larger - so I go forever slower, which makes the list yet bigger. Etc, etc, etc.

[5] excessive pedantry and adherence to social conventions

Oh yes.

[6] rigidity and stubbornness

Yes again, but trying to ease up a bit.

[7] unreasonable insistence by the patient that others submit to exactly his or her way of doing things, or unreasonable reluctance to allow others to do things

Very bad at this, but now that I know that being that way has been a part of a mental health condition, I am trying to be less bad at being this way.

[8] intrusion of insistent and unwelcome thoughts or impulses

This is a big unwelcome problem at times. Don't know what to do to make this less bad (re thoughts). Trying to take more notice of impulses so am now trying to think first before I act on them.
flower
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Understanding My A.P.D.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1